In our groups we had the chance to look again at the Manaiakalani model of 'Teaching as Inquiry'.
This model is very similar to that found in the NZ curriculum. Thanks to Karen Ferguson of Tamaki College who created this graphic for us. This format helps us to align our learn, create and share.
As a COL teacher myself it was good time to see what we have and haven't provided for collectively as COL teachers at Pt England School. Below are some points I've made for myself to check over with myself and fellow COL teachers. Some are already covering these things well!
- how can we present our data and findings more succinctly?
- need to ensure that we are presenting the big picture AND the little bits that make it up. For example what we are actually doing day/week/month/term with our students in our target groups
- what have we provided for a teacher who wants to try out our ideas and processes in our achievement challenge area?
- shorten the posts! Include better detail to support the classroom teacher.
- labels are great - when used consistently
- navigating through our blogs helpful or challenging for our audience?
- what evidence are we sharing to say things are working or not?